Eleni is the dance development organisation for north east Wales (specifically the three counties of Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham), revenue funded by the Arts Council of Wales.
We are always seeking new trustees to bring fresh ideas and perspective to the company. You don’t need to be a dancer, or have any experience of being a trustee for an organisation – we’re interested in the ideas, enthusiasm, and energy you can bring to the board, and Eleni as a whole.
We currently have a specific vacancy for the role of Treasurer, which carries the following dedicated responsibilities:
· Visiting the office every 4-6 weeks to verify the company bank statements and countersign any large payments
· Work with the Finance Officer to investigate any financial opportunities for the company (such as investment options)
Full trustee responsibilities include:
· Overseeing the effective, efficient administration and financial stability of Eleni
· Ensuring that the organisation complies with its governing documents, charity and company law, as well as any other relevant legislation or regulations
· Analysing proposals and examine their financial consequences
· Providing governance to ensure successful implementation of Eleni’s business plan and strategic objectives
· Representing and advocating for Eleni in order to champion the charity’s work and goals, and the transformative power of dance in the region
· Having good communication, diplomacy and inter-personal skills
· Collaboratively maintaining satisfactory systems of control in respect of legal, operational and financial risk management
· Supporting and developing working relationships with the core staff team and freelance dance artists
· Being willing to attend occasional sub-committee meetings as required
Trustee Board meetings are held four to six times a year. Other time commitments may include attending additional committee meetings, championing the charity in external networks and developing influential partnerships. There will also be plenty of opportunities to experience first-hand the work of the company at private project sharings, community events, and larger-scale public performances.
If you have the passion and drive to see NEW Dance’s mission statement of “Nurture dance for all” succeed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request more details or arrange an informal discussion.